Welcome to the webpage for the combined 1966 graduating class of A.L. Miller High School for Girls and Lanier High School for Boys in Macon, Georgia. We were "The Poets" of 1966.
This site contains contact information for the Miller Lanier ' 66 graduating class, deceased class members, photos from the 40 Year Reunion, a bit of nostalgia from our days at Miller and Lanier, and a history of Miller and Lanier High Schools.
The Miller and Lanier ' 66 class was the largest in the schools' history, with 672 graduates. The original Lanier High School was built in 1913 on the corner of Forsyth Street and Orange. Both girls and boys attended this school. The buildings from which the
' 66 class graduated were constructed in 1924 and 1932. In 1966, the original Lanier High School building was known as Dudley Hughes. Please select the page to the left for more Miller and Lanier history.
The Miller and Lanier 1966 class has enjoyed spectacular reunions beginning in 1976 and every five years there after. August 25 and 26, 2006, "The Poets" of 1966 celebrated the 40 year anniversary of their graduation with the most successful reunion ever. For photographs from this reunion, select The Way We Were - Celebrating 40 Years.